There are inherent and other risks involved in the activities for which this equipment is to be used. You freely and voluntarily assume those risks, including the risk of serious injury or death. As with all outdoor adventure, you need to be prepared. You should have adequate clothing for whatever weather conditions you might encounter. Matches and fire starters are always a good idea. Choose the length of rental based on your physical condition, weather conditions, time of day, your preparedness, and so on.
- Valid identification is required of all rental customers.
- Customers must be 18 years or older to rent equipment.
- Reservations are accepted and are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Payment in full must be made at time of rental with a valid credit card until items are returned.
- Rentals must be returned by closing time on last day of rental or an additional day will be charged.
- No refunds for early returns.
- Items must be returned clean and in good condition.
- Damaged or lost items will be charged full retail value.
- Fixable damages will be charged at $30 per hour plus shipping and handling if items must be sent out for repair.
Reservations and Cancellations
Although we try to have all equipment available at all times, our busy summers can often see some equipment rented for days, if not weeks. You should call ahead of time to make arrangements. You pay for your reservation up-front, but you can cancel at least 14 days in advance and your credit card is refunded. If you cancel after the 14-day advance notice, we charge your credit card $40.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY
- I understand that there are INHERENT AND OTHER RISKS involved in the activities for which this equipment is to be used. I understand that the sport and the use of this equipment involve a risk of injury to any and all parts of the user's body. I hereby agree to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment. I understand that protective gear are recommended, but they do not eliminate the risk and may not reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accident. I freely and voluntarily assume those risks, including the risk of serious injury or death.
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY The Sportsman Inc., (dba The Sportsman Outdoors & Fly Shop), the manufacturers and distributors of this equipment, and their owners, agents and employees from any and all liability for injuries or damages to the user of this equipment or to any other person or property resulting from the use of this equipment. I agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against The Sportsman, Inc. or the manufacturers of this equipment for injuries or damages relating to the use of this equipment.
- I agree that it is my responsibility to know how to properly use and operate the equipment and obtain necessary instruction. I understand the function of the equipment, and will not misuse or abuse the equipment. If I feel the equipment is not functioning properly, I will stop using it and have it inspected, repaired or adjusted by a qualiﬁed technician.
- I accept this equipment AS IS and without any warranties, express or otherwise. I accept full responsibility for the care of this equipment and will replace at full retail value any equipment rented under this agreement but not returned to The Sportsman, Inc., and will reimburse The Sportsman, Inc. for any loss or damage to this equipment other than reasonable wear and tear. I agree to return all rented equipment by the agreed date in clean and dry condition to avoid any additional charges.
- I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand its contents. This is a binding contract that supersedes any other agreements or representations and is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability. If any part of this contract is deemed unenforceable, all other parts shall be given full force and effect. I sign it of my own free will.